Tuesday, June 18th @ 7pm
1401 E Madison St, Seattle
Seattle Atheists is excited to present satirical folk singer extraordinaire, Roy Zimmerman.
Roy Zimmerman writes hilarious, rhyme-intensive original songs that are also incisive calls to action, smart, savvy and undeniable. “He simultaneously inspires me and makes me laugh my ass off,” says comedian/author Paul Krassner.
Zimmerman’s “Wake Up Call” is ninety minutes of these songs – funny songs like “Abstain With Me” and “I Want a Marriage Like They Had In the Bible,” heartfelt songs like “Hope, Struggle and Change” and “I Approve This Message,” and impassioned comic commentary.
In thirteen albums over twenty years, Roy has brought the sting of satire to the struggle for Peace and Social Justice. His songs have been heard on HBO and Showtime. He has recorded for Warner/Reprise Records, and he’s been profiled on NPR’s “All Things Considered.” His YouTube videos have amassed over seven million views, and he’s a featured blogger for the Huffington Post.
In 2012, Roy and his wife and co-writer Melanie Harby traveled 47,000 miles to complete a 50-state tour of all 49 states. (Hawaii was “Omission Accomplished,” he says.) “Wake Up Call” is a funny, tuneful and unabashedly Progressive look at what they saw and heard across America.
Dinner included. Tickets are $35 in advance and $40 at the door.
Space is limited. Food will be severed at about 7pm with the performance starting at 8pm.
- Garlic Bread
- Soda (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, & Root Beer)
- Choice of Entree (Pasta or Pizza)
- Dessert Cannoli
- Meat or Veggie Lasagna
- Spaghetti (with or without Meatballs)
- Cannelloni (Pasta Wrapped Around A Filling Of Italian Sausage And Spices oven baked in marinara and Mozzarella)
- Eggplant Parmesan (Breaded Eggplant Covered in Sprinkle Of Parmesan and Marinara)
- Combination Pasta (Stuffed Shells, Eggplant & Cannelloni oven baked with Marinara and Mozzarella)
- Stuffed Shells (Pasta Shells Filled With Spiced Ricotta Cheese, oven baked with Marinara and Mozzarella)
Pizza Options (you can enjoy more than one):
- The Combo (Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Salami, Canadian Bacon, Mushrooms, Green Pepper, Tomato, Onions, & Olives)
- The Veggie (Green Pepper, Mushrooms, Onions, Olives, Peppers, Tomatoes, & Garlic)
- The Greek (Red Onions, Feta Cheese, & Kalamata Olives)
- Manhattan (Artichoke Hearts, Black Olives, Mushrooms, & Copicola)
- West Coaster (Canadian Bacon & Pineapple)
To indicate which dinner option you prefer, look for the words “Add special instructions to the seller” on the last page of PayPal checkout. Click on the word “Add” to let us know which pasta dish you want or if you’d like pizza instead. Please also include any food allergies or sensitivities so that we can accommodate your needs. If no food preference is given, you will be able to order at the event but there may be a delay in your food’s arrival.